Here you specify the users who should be authorized to run
the query. A user group is always associated with a Functional Area.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Go to the menu path
Environment => User Group. Give a user group name in the screen that comes next.
Specify the sap
logins of the users whom you want to authorize for using the functional area and
click on the Create button.
Use the menu path
Assign Functional Area to assign the functional area to the user group.
Save the user
group and back out of the screen by clicking the Back button.
Note: One user group can be assigned to any number of
functional areas with logical database or without logical database.
The final step is to create the actual query.
- In order to create
the query use the menu path Environment => Queries
a name to the query and click on the Create button
the description of the query in the next screen. Specify the output length and
select the processing option from the Further Processing Options box. The data
can be displayed in various formats such as table, download to a file, and
display in Word etc.
- Click on the Next screen icon. Select the functional group screen. All the
functional groups created in the functional area are displayed. Select the
groups that you desire – fields from only these groups will be displayed in the
output. Click on the respective check boxes and click on the Next Screen icon.
Select Field screen gets displayed. Select all the fields from the user group
that you need to display on the output of the query. If required, specify the
short names for the fields using the menu path Edit => Short Names => Switch
On/Off or you can also change the selection text contains in the order you want
to appear on the selection screen. You can also maintain column headers for the
fields by using the menu path Edit => Column Header => Maintain.
Click on the Next Screen icon to get the Selections Screen. Here you can check
against the fields that you require to be shown on the selection screen.
we need to specify the output type for the query as Basic List, Statistics or
Ranked List. Choose the option Basic List.
the Basic List line structure screen the following things can be done
- Specify the report layout in detail – lines on which the fields will appear.
- Order in which the fields will appear in the output
order for the fields – this is optional.
the numeric fields you can check against the fields for which you require totals
in the output.
- Beautify the output according to the options provided.
- Click on the next screen icon, to specify the control levels as mentioned below
- Specify the sort order. The default sort order is ascending and can be changed
to descending if required.
- Totals for each field selected for sorting can be displayed
display the output of a field in a box click on the check box against box. To
display a line after the output of a field, click on the check box against
display the output of a field on a new page click on the check box against New
- Click on the next screen icon to get the List Line options Screen. Here you can
specify the background color for displaying the output.
- Click on the next screen icon to get the Field Output Option screen. In this you
can specify the following:
- Change the output length or the display positions of the fields
- Specify the display position of the unit for quantity or currency fields. Click
left radio button to display it before the figure, middle radio button to
display it after the figure while last radio button to hide the unit altogether.
- Specify color for the column of every field under the Format option.
- Specify the label against the output of sort fields.
- Click on the Next screen option to go to the Basic List Header screen. Here you
page header and page footer for the output
- Include user name and date by specifying &N and &D respectively.
After providing all the above options you can save the query and execute it by
clicking the Execute button twice.