Conventional Versus Logistic Invoice Verification
Logistics Invoice Verification [MIRO] was developed to take into account
requirements that were technically not possible in the conventional Invoice
Verification component, such as distributing MM and FI to separate systems.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
All the functions in conventional Invoice Verification are available in
Logistics Invoice Verification. If required, you can use conventional Invoice
Verification and Logistics Invoice Verification alongside each other.
The following functions in conventional Invoice Verification are not possible
in Logistics Invoice Verification:
1. Verification of invoices with no reference in the system to a purchase order
or a goods receipt.
2. Posting directly to a G/L account, asset or material
3. Changing the account assignment in the purchase order
4. Simulation of documents
Some new functions are only possible in Logistics Invoice Verification :
1. Unlimited multiple selection
2. Manual invoice reduction
3. Automatic invoice reduction
4. Invoice verification in the background
5. Verification of invoices with installment conditions.
6. Posting across company codes.
Two more things to note :-
1. Even though LIV can do posting across company codes it cannot do this if
there is a variance.
2. LIV cannot operate when the PO is for a 'one time vendor'. These one time
orders can only be matched using conventional invoice verification.
Finally, Points 1 and 2 are possible in LIV but you need to change the
configuration to allow posting direct to GL account.