Controlling the Fields in Material Master
Define whether a field is hidden or displayed, or whether an entry is
mandatory or optional in material master maintenance by assigning the field to a
field selection group in OMSR.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Each field selection group has a number between 1 and 240.
The values of the field selection groups have been preassigned as follows:
001-110 Material master for industry
111-120 Reserved for customers (except where the values are already in use)
121-150 Material master for industry
151-210 Material master for retail
211-240 Reserved for customers
Create and maintain field references (OMS9).
All the fields in the same fields group will have the same field selection
(hide, display, required entry, or optional entry)
You can see where a field reference is used by choosing Where-used list.
Define or change the field references as required (except for field
references with the prefix SAP which must not be changed). New field references
must begin with Y or Z.
Changing the Field Selection Options for a Field Selection Group
1. Specify the field selection group .
2. Select the field selection option (hide, display, required entry, or optional
for each field reference as required.
Creating a Field Reference
1. Choose New entries.
2. Specify a field reference beginning with Y or Z.
3. Select the field selection option for each field selection group as required.
Changing a Field Reference
1. Double-click the relevant field reference.
2. Change the field selection option for each field selection group as required.
Define industry sectors and industry-sector-specific field selection in
Define plant-specific field selection and screen selection in