Bahadurgarh was founde world. Mughal Emperor Alamgir II (The Sultan of Delhi 1754-1759) gave the town in jagir to Bahadur Khan and Tej Khan, Baloch rulers of Farrukhnagar in 1754, who changed its name from Sharafabad to Bahadurgarh .
A fort named Bahadurgarh Fort was constructed there by them. Bahadurgarh came into the hands of Sindhia in 1793. After his defeat in 1803 at the hands of the British, Lord Lake handed the town to the brother of the Nawab of Jhajjar. It was confiscated after the First War of Independence (1857) and became a division of the Rohtak district in 1860.In 1997, the town got attached with Jhajjar after Jhajjar become new district bifurcated from Rohtak. But Bahadurgarh is still larger to Jhajjar in every term; be it education, economy, population or administration.